Economic Research Group (ERG), a not-for-profit research organization, seeks experienced candidates who can assist in and independently conduct market and/or policy research, be it qualitative or quantitative in nature. Candidates must have an appreciation for economic methods, with strong analytical and writing skills, and have basic knowledge of managing IT environment. Primary responsibilities include conceptualizing research problems, prepare proposals with research design, data analysis and report writing. All such activities are expected to be tied to knowledge creation and dissemination
• Conduct desk review, requiring control over Bangla and English;
• Prepare technical and financial proposals, rooted in analytically sound research design;
• Conduct field scoping and survey activities;
• Design questionnaire and data collection strategy;
• Supervise data collection and survey implementation methods;
• Conduct data analysis;
• Produce analytical and policy reports;
• Coordinate research workshops and dissemination events.
Performance will be evaluated based on timelines, responsibility, initiative, communication and the quality of the products delivered.
• Communication – Comprehension and communication of ideas in a clear and concise manner.
• Teamwork – be able to effectively communicate with and supervise Research Associates in a collaborative environment.
• Discipline and Integrity – Remunerative work (such as, consultancy services) for external firms/projects will be considered unacceptable.
• Accountability – Candidates are expected to nurture accountability and entitlement of their work and be responsible for delivering project outputs in a timely fashion.
• Initiative – Individuals are expected to take initiative in searching for projects and engaging in conceiving academic papers.
• Independence – Independence in working and producing deliverables are key for succeeding in this position.
• Statistical – Strong functional knowledge of statistical methods and software (MS Excel, Stata/SPSS) are mandatory.
• Basic knowledge on ICT – operational knowledge on software and networking will add value.
• Interpersonal – Consistent approach in with energy and a positive, constructive attitude to be followed. Candidate must demonstrate openness to ideas and be able to manage complexities of the situations.
Research, Education and Consultancy
Expected Date of Joining:
December 01, 2019
The following documents should be submitted via mail to email@example.com with the subject line “Application for the position of Research Fellow”:
• Curriculum Vitae;
• Expression of Interest justifying the candidates’ selection (maximum 1000 words);
• Academic transcript – scanned copies;
• References – minimum 2;
• Scanned copy of National ID Card or Passport
Please name the documents/files with document name as the prefix and the applicant name as the suffix. Example: “CV_Sam Hossain.pdf”
Economic Research Group (ERG) is a not-for-profit organization established for promoting education and research with a view to improving economic justice in society. ERG seeks to bridge the gap between academic research and policy analysis within the context of Bangladesh and other countries of South and Southeast Asia. It intends to extend the frontier of knowledge on developing economies by undertaking analytical research and promoting exchange of views on contemporary issues. If you wish to know more about our organization, please visit http://www.ergonline.org/